Home | About Jeff | News & Media | Email Updates | Sponsored Bills | The Ledger | Contact
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
You may have heard that the state Senate recently voted on a new transportation package that would increase the gas tax by 12 cents from 2016-2018. You can read more about the budget here and taxes/fees here, and check out all of the projects included here.
For the 6th District, projects in the $13.9 billion package for 2015-2031 include:
- I-90/Medical Lake & Geiger Interchanges – $23.6 million
- Palouse River and Coulee City Railroad Rehabilitation – $47.2 million
- Spokane Central City Line (Spokane Transit) – $10 million
- US 395 North-South Freeway – $862 million (technically in the 3rd, 4th and 7th districts)
I want to hear from you. Please take my three-question survey here to share your thoughts.
The transportation package will be referred to the House Transportation Committee, which will hold a public hearing and then decide to move or not move the bill forward. From there, I could have a chance to vote on the bill on the House floor. I want you to know I don't support increasing the gas tax. Spokane should have been getting its fair share of transportation projects within current revenues long ago. I'm concerned continued cost overruns on the west side of the state will continue to push out projects in our area.
405 John L. O'Brien Building | P.O. Box 40600 | Olympia, WA 98504-0600
(360) 786-7962 | Toll-free: (800) 562-6000